Village Development Engineer – Community Devlopment Department
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Development, Engineering
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn Community Development Department is recruiting for a Development Engineer. The purpose of this position is to act as the Village’s designated Stormwater and Flood Plain Ordinance (SFPO) Administrator and to coordinate the engineering review, inspection, and close-out of private development projects. The position will provide municipal engineering and other departmental engineering support along with overseeing and administering all aspects of private development within the Village, including plan reviews, site inspections, and final approval of public and private improvements; and provide responsive, courteous, and efficient services to Village residents and the general public. This position is assisted by the Village’s consultant staff. Great salary and benefits are offered.
Some essential functions are the following:
- Acts as the Village’s official SFPO Administrator coordinating the engineering review, inspection, and close-out of private development projects by both in-house and consultant staff.
- Meets and corresponds with developers, realtors, other agencies, residents, Village staff and elected officials regarding engineering projects and issues; attempts to provide resolution to problems during construction.
- Administers Village participation in Community Rating System floodplain program. The Village is currently a CRS Class 7 community.
- Plans and implements a public education program regarding floodplain benefits, hazards, and safety.
- Provides drainage inspections of properties upon request; inspects and provides letter or information to property owner on solving problems and making improvements with assistance from the Village’s consultant staff.
- Performs various engineering functions, including review of plans; inspection of construction activities; interpretation of maps, plats of survey, and legal descriptions; and engineering elevation surveys.
- Develops and oversees the Village’s fee-in-lieu of stormwater detention program.
- Reviews, negotiates, and coordinates the Village’s approval of stormwater agreements.
- Drafts revisions to Village Code relating to stormwater issues as needed. Determines whether proposed projects may need DuPage Country County-wide SFPO variations or local amendments.