Vision and Hearing Technician
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Part Time
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for (2) part-time Vision and Hearing Technicians to join their team. The ideal candidate will be able to identify vision and hearing deficiencies in children, according to the “Rules and Regulations of the Child Vision and Hearing Test Act.” In this role, you will be conducting vision and hearing screening tests at local schools in the DuPage County area.
Hours are Monday through Friday, from after Labor Day until early June. Hours may vary depending on the school, for example if you are at the High School, your start time may be 7:00 am, the elementary school, you may start at 8:30 am.
- Conducts vision and hearing screening tests for school aged children to identify possible vision and hearing deficiencies.
- Conducts follow-up tests, contacts parents for follow-up.
- Compiles state statistical information.
- Instructs children concerning screening procedures before testing.
- Trains volunteers.
- Establishes and maintains client files and charts; ensures that release forms or consent forms have been signed.
- Sanitizes materials and equipment, transports equipment.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- May assist with determining client eligibility; if bilingual, may assist clients communicate with non-bilingual staff.