Warehouse Operations Specialist
Company: Griffin Greenhouse Supplies
Type: Full Time
Griffin Greenhouse Supplies seeks a Warehouse Operations Specialist to join their team. Under direct supervision from the Warehouse or Branch Manager, this position will be responsible for performing all aspects of the daily warehouse operation revolving around receiving inbound product and shipping outbound product, keeping accurate paperwork including, truck deliveries, stock transfers, LTL and parcel shipments. Assist in other departments as directed by Manager. Below lists some duties and responsibilities:
- Runs and maintains all applicable reports at the beginning and end of each day to direct workflow, gather ideas, and assess potential problem areas.
- Performs all daily receiving and shipping functions to ensure customers receive products when requested, accurately and in good condition.
- Schedule and log receiving appointments.
- Communicate with purchasing to rectify any receiving discrepancies.
- Coordinate the daily freight pickup of all transfers and LTL shipments utilizing Freight POP or other 3PL carriers.
- Maintains and ensures that the warehouse operations environment is well organized, clean, and safe throughout the day.
- Performs and records results of the daily cycle count process.
- Safely and accurately pick, palatize, and stage product for shipping.
- Safely and accurately receive, label product, and confirm condition before putting product away in storage locations.
- Record condition of all outbound shipments using Load proof software
- Maintains proper rotation of inventory.
- Identify any missing, lost, or damaged materials and report them to the branch manager.
- Utilized dedicated computerized programs for UPS and FedEx.
- Daily forklift inspections.
- Schedule forklift maintenance
- Must be able to safely operate pallet jack, HighLift, and forklift and will be required to be certified provided by company and our policies and procedures.