Warehouse Supervisor – Electric Utility
Company: City of Naperville
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville seeks a skilled & talented warehouse professional for the position of Warehouse Supervisor for the City’s publicly owned Electric Utility. This professional determines the needs and sources for material required to effectively support the operation and maintenance of the Naperville Electric Utility. He/she procures, maintains and distributes these materials, and coordinates the physical inventory audit of material contained in the electric warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor provides similar support to the City’s Water Utility. And the incumbent will also oversee the electric utility toolroom (which provides and maintains tools & equipment used by utility field personnel). Excellent salary and benefits are offered. Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the issue and accounting of materials to Electric Utility & Water Utility work crews. This includes the safe loading/unloading of very heavy, awkward power industry and water industry materials (e.g., 30,000 lb. transformers).
- Maintaining inventory control of warehouse stores, keeping inventory loss to a minimum, and investigating & preventing losses. Annually conducting physical inventory of 4000 individual parts (currently valued at $5M).
- Providing material expertise to operations management and engineering staffs to assist their efforts to analyze material, new material and to define material needs. You will answer questions on material specifications and usage for workers installing the product in the field.
- Coordinating/meeting with manufacturer representatives on material problems and usage. Working to resolve material performance issues. Maintaining positive relationships with vendors & suppliers to obtain the best service and delivery for the City. You will research new material to better suit utility needs.
- Directing stockers’ activities, monitoring productivity, and ensuring adherence to city policy. Training staff, assessing performance and providing feedback. You will provide a safe work environment and be compliant with safety guidelines.
- Scheduling and coordinating material deliveries for Electric & Water departments from the electric warehouse. In urgent/emergency situations, obtaining material on short notice.
- Evaluating and adjusting minimum/maximum warehouse material quantities based the ongoing needs of the utility. You will organize and rotate stock; repurpose and facilitate disposal of unsuitable material; maximize use of warehouse space.
- Formulating written procedures for warehouse functions. Reviewing annual bids for omissions, errors, and quantities.
- Maintaining the transformer information tracking database. Providing periodic reports to management on material inventory as requested. You will notify management of any material shortages or disruptions in the supply chain for any critical material managed through the warehouse.
- Providing appropriate storage of PCB equipment in accordance with EPA rules and regulations.