Transportation and Distribution Manager
What do Transportation and Distribution Managers do?
Transportation and distribution managers use a large base of knowledge to plan, direct, or coordinate the transportation, storage, or distribution operations within an organization. They are in charge of allocating and shipping merchandise in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
As a Transportation and Distribution Manager you will:
Training & Educational Opportunities
Many employers prefer professionals with training and certification in areas such as Supply Chain Management, Project Management, or Business Analysis. Some employers may seek candidates who have an APICS certification from the Association of Supply Chain Management (ASCM).
- DePaul University
- Harper College
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Morraine Valley Community College
- University of St. Francis
- Waubonsee Community College
Types of Employers
- Construction companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Transportation and warehousing businesses
- Trucking companies
Opportunities for specialization and advancement:
- Director of Logistics
- Regional Transportation Manager
- Senior Manager, Fleet Operations
- Shipping and Inventory Control Manager