- This event has passed.
Learn how to use the computer for your job search
Become more confident using computers and the internet for an effective job search. Get comfortable, get productive, get online, and skillfully apply for jobs right away. This is an excellent opportunity for people who have little experience with computers but would like to start their job search with the confidence they need to succeed.
Topics that may be covered:
- Essential computer skills for job search success
- How to use the internet to find job opportunities on job search websites like Indeed, the workNet DuPage Job Board, and company websites.
- How to create a resume from available templates online.
- How to save a resume and upload it when you apply for positions.
- How to create an email account if you need one and tips for which ones are the best. We will also help you get familiar with the account.
- Understand how to use Zoom and Microsoft Teams so that virtual interviews are a breeze.
- Learn about NorthStar and set up a free account courtesy of workNet DuPage. This will allow you to take online, self-guided, basic computer skill assessments to measure mastery of skills in 14 different areas, including Microsoft Word and Excel. You’ll also have access to free practice exams for credentials such as Project Management Professional, Commercial Driver's License, and Cisco Certified Network Associate.