- This event has passed.
Interview Practice: How to Work a Job Fair
FRIDAY, January 19 at 10:00 am
Job fairs offer the best of all worlds for your job search. Working a job fair successfully will allow you to:
- meet many potential employers
- ask lots of questions
- make new connections
- learn about different roles and different companies
- test drive your "elevator pitch"
- practice critical interviewing skills!
Join us Friday, January 19th, to learn how to work a job fair effectively and with confidence.
No advance registration required.
The goal of workNet DuPage's ongoing Interview Practice Workshop is to:
- Practice interviews in a friendly, low-stress environment with guidance and input from professional staff and peers so you'll feel confident walking into that big day
- Learn how to showcase your unique skills to stand out
- Better understand what employers look for and value during interviews
- Master common job interview questions
- Explore strategies for how to handle challenging or unexpected questions
- Prepare and practice compelling, structured answers for any question using the SPART method
- Make a great first impression through nonverbal communication
By the end of our workshop, participants should feel better equipped for their upcoming interviews and more confident about their chances of success.
This workshop is free and open to the public. No advance registration required. Come on in to our center at 2525 Cabot Drive, Suite 302, in Lisle and check in at the front desk.