CNC Machine Operator
Company: Abrasive Form
Type: Full Time
Abrasive Form has CNC Operator positions open for different shifts. The CNC Operator has critical areas of responsibility for setup and machining of parts on 3-axis and 5-axis grinding, milling, and EDM equipment to meet our increasing customer demand. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, committed to safety for self and the team, hungry to learn and make improvement, a high standard for quality and process compliance, and a team player. Responsibilities:
- Sets up (or the ability to learn) and operates a 3-axis, Milling, EDM and/or 5-axis creep feed grinding machine to grind flat or contoured surfaces to customer specifications.
- Measures parts and reads measurement instruments using the following tools: Dial indicators, micrometers, calipers and plug gauges.
- Detailed quality assurance review of work on a continuous basis taking full ownership of the part operation assigned.
- Reviews operational processes and makes suggestions for process improvements in production, quality and company performance.
- Complete fixture tear-downs and machine set-ups as needed for a specified job.
- Identify the need for and complete grinding wheel changes when needed.
- Proactively complete daily asset care requirements and subsequently escalate as needed maintenance issues to the immediate supervisor and maintenance team using established maintenance ticket process.
- Keep work area clean, organized and free from clutter. The machine must be wiped down each shift.