Community Service Officer
Company: City of Warrenville
Category: Security, Service Worker
Type: Full Time
The City of Warrenville is accepting applications for the position of Community Service Officer. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the criminal justice field and serve your community. Assist with community events and build relationships with residents and businesses. This is responsible municipal law enforcement work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of ordinances and the performance of other duties that do not require physical arrest or relate to crime in progress.
An employee of this class may be assigned to duties involving:
- Traffic control.
- Parking enforcement.
- Non-criminal complaints.
- Vehicle and building lockouts.
- Animal-related calls.
- Other duties that do not require the presence of a sworn police officer.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Working directly with the Community Service Technician.
- Redacting body-worn camera (BWC) footage for court or FOIA requests.
- Submitting evidence via an online portal for court.
- Assisting the Records Division with daily tasks and projects, as well as FOIA requests .