Company: Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Type: Full Time
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County is seeking a Custodian to keep assigned structural assets clean, safe and well-maintained, including cleaning and minor maintenance/repairs of District buildings and equipment using proper methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain the assigned facilities, utilizing current janitorial best practices and industry standards.
- Monitor and maintain mechanical and structural components of facilities assigned.
- Responsibility as a main point of contact for custodial and other vendors at specified sites.
- Provide working guidance and interpretations of scope of work and contact language. Provide quality control inspecting for service work.
- Maintain a safe working environment, utilizing knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA’s) as well as perform monthly building safety inspections.
- Seasonal duties, such as snow removal and event support may require additional time worked outside the standard scheduled work hours.
- Availability during off-duty hours for emergency call outs and/or standby.