Customer Account Representative
Company: Abrasive Form
Category: Business, Customer Service
Bloomingdale, Glendale Heights
Type: Full Time
Abrasive Form has a Customer Account Representative position available. Offering $1,500 Sign on Bonus. The Customer Account Representative is a business-critical role, requiring strong communication and organizational skills with a solutions-oriented mindset. The Customer Account Representative is internal and external customer facing and requires a relationship and detail-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. This highly visible position provides a great opportunity to connect organizational skills, technical problem solving, and relationship development to achieve superior results.
The Customer Account Representative supports the operations and overall business success by managing customer needs, coordinating internal activities, and partnering with the Quality team, Operation Leaders, Shipping and Receiving team and the Engineering team to deliver on customer commitments. The Customer Account Representative acts as the primary point of contact between Abrasive Form and the customer, ensuring customer expectations are managed and met while achieving organizational goals.
The successful candidate is energetic, success driven with the ability to work independently to deliver results to their customers and the organization. They will have exemplary communication, collaboration, problem solving, and time management skills and serve as a role model and leader to peers. The Customer Account Representative is a CRITICAL player in the success of the business.
- Builds rapport and maintains regular communications with customers remotely or onsite at customer location.
- Builds rapport with Operations, Engineering & Quality team members, supervisors and managers.
- Communicates with the Senior Leadership team, Operations, Engineering & Quality regularly, reporting details of customer meetings, especially, critical information related to customer needs/changes and/or impediments to delivery plans or timelines.
- Works with customers to improve operational and quality performance by participating or leading improvement teams through to completion.
- Assists with capacity planning, production forecast and production planning.
- Oversee all customer orders from beginning to end:
- Contract Review and Order Management.
- Reviews orders for work scope, specification changes, pricing, shipping instructions and enters as necessary into internal processing systems.
- Works with production planning to provide overview of customer demand signal and prioritize customer needs for execution on the production floor.
- Coordinates the receipt of customer consigned parts and prepares necessary documentation to release parts to production floor for processing.
- Manages any required outside supply chain needed to fulfill customer orders.
- Coordinates required customer approvals and shipment documentation to ship customer requirements.
- Organizes activities for transportation of customer products by specified deadlines.
- Coordinates with Quality team to document and track nonconforming submittals and clearance.
- Stays up to speed with production deadlines and customer product status.
- Stays up to speed with new product introduction deadlines and status.
- Assists with inventory forecasting and inventory controls to support timely product delivery.