Customer Service Representative
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Category: Customer Service
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new Customer Service Representative to join their team. In this role, you will be providing front desk duties to Health Department clients. You will be preparing and gathering relevant paperwork and data to identify the requested need of the caller and providing rapid and accurate screening and referrals. Responsibilities:
- Provides general and specific information regarding departmental policies, procedures and programs to the public.
- Conducts pre-screening activities; directs individuals to the proper location, resource and/or staff.
- Checks in customers; schedules follow-up appointments; collects various methods of payment including cash and credit card transactions.
- Notifies staff promptly when an individual arrives for an appointment; prepares client charts and files.
- Answers phones; receives and/or identifies and resolves complaints in accordance with department policies, practices and procedures and standards.
- Screens for eligibility for programs or services; listens and responds to client’s concerns and questions in order to complete the intake process; gathers basic information from the caller including demographics to begin intake process.
- Processes incoming and outgoing calls through the operations of a call distribution center; provides general information to County residents/clients in response to direct inquiries regarding services, locations and other matters, or refers questions to appropriate parties.
- Compiles data on number of calls, follow-up calls, and source referrals for review by supervisor; schedules appointments; answers TDD calls; operates a personal computer.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains required training, licensure and/or certification.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.