Customer Service Representative
Company: Simmons Knife & Saw
Category: Customer Service, Manufacturing, Sales
Type: Full Time
Simmons Knife & Saw, a leading manufacturer of high quality band and reciprocating cutting blades since 1946, is seeking an experienced, well organized, customer centric, highly motivated, Customer Service Representative to join their team. The successful candidate will have great attention to detail, be able to multi-task and possess excellent computer skills. Hours of this position are 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- Prepare customer quotations.
- Enter sales orders received by email, fax or phone into ERP system. Obtain and verify all customers’ names, addresses, shipping instructions and billing information, part numbers, and specifications of services to be purchased prior to entry.
- Send order acknowledgements to customers and communicate order status to customer from start to finish.
- Respond to requests: identifying discrepancies or problems related to customer purchase orders.
- Check status of orders and/or expedite orders on behalf of customer.
- Interface with other departments such as production or scheduling to provide answers to customers regarding order status, technical questions, etc.
- Track customer sales orders and provide proof of delivery to customers upon request.
- Enter and update information in customer management database.
- Handle customer complaints and complete all associated paperwork.
- Assist Regional Sales Manager (RSM) in answering customer inquiries, which includes supporting RSM from the office when they are working remotely.
- Answer customer service calls. Includes routing calls, screening calls, taking messages, taking orders, giving verbal quotes, answering technical questions, etc.