Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department Dental Team has an opening for a full-time Dental Hygienist. Do you have considerable knowledge of the practices and principles of dental hygiene for all age groups? Do you like a variety in your day? If yes, you are invited to apply. In this position you will be going to local schools, in DuPage County or working on our mobile dental Smile Squad, as needed. They are looking for a new team member to provide preventive education and dental services to school children.
As a full-time County employee, you will be eligible for our benefit package which includes, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness. To view a full list of our benefits, click on the benefit tab.
- Provides preventive procedures such as dental prophylaxis, dental sealants, fabricating mouth guards, fluoride treatments, dental screenings, radiographs, and nutritional counseling.
- Conducts dental health educational programs for professional groups, schools, other health care providers, and community groups; refers clients as necessary for further dental treatment.
- Collaborates with other service providers to ensure that necessary treatment is received; plans and implements fluoride mouth rinse programs for school children, periodically visits schools to monitor fluoride mouth rinsing activities.
- Assists in collecting, recording, and tabulating survey data needed for grant requirements and to evaluate programs; prepares reports and maintains records.
- Attends professional meetings and seminars; schedules use of portable equipment with dentists providing homebound care.
- Services, maintains, and cleans portable equipment; monitors and evaluates the progress of dental hygiene students.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned; maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification; maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures; available to respond to clients and/or customers, either in person or over the phone, during assigned business hours and/or clinic times.
- Provides care in a variety of settings throughout the County including, the Health Department Dental Clinic, schools, public health centers, mobile programs and other field locations.