Human Resources Assistant
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics has an opening for the Human Resources Assistant position. The HR Assistant will provide administrative and project support to the Chief Administrative Officer/SVP and Human Resources activities. Some duties and responsibilities are:
- Coordinate and facilitate communication and workflow between the SVP and department staff, including obtaining necessary approval signatures, reviewing/approving timesheets and expense reports, scheduling meetings, information gathering and distribution.
- Provide administrative support to the SVP, including managing calendar of appointments, preparing meeting materials, drafting correspondence, coordinating travel arrangements, and completing expense reports and credit card statements.
- Coordinate the development of annual budgets utilizing budgeting software. Prepare monthly and year-end variance reports, forecasts, and other financial reports as requested and process invoices for timely payment. Advise department staff on budgeting process requirements and/or changes and distribute necessary reports and other information as needed.
- Assist in the development and distribution of AAP-wide employee communications on HR-related matters.
- Schedule meetings and prepare and distribute agendas for the Human Resources Advisory Committee, HR team, department, and other meetings as assigned. Complete follow up action items, including drafting employee communications and filing documents in personnel files/HRIS. Coordinate with department staff on completion of management report for quarterly Board meetings; prepare supporting materials such as graphs and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with managing the broadcast messaging system, ensuring employee contact information is maintained, and creating and delivering messages.
- Assist in updating employment data in the HRIS, running reports, payroll processing and assisting employees with system utilization. Serve as primary back up to the Project Manager. Provide assistance to staff on navigating HRIS, including workflows, timesheets and career center.