Company: Bonar Plastics
Type: Full Time
Bonar Plastics has an opening for the Machine Operator position. Under general supervision, the machine operator works in a team-based environment work cell and any other related duties as directed by immediate supervisor. Works safely and efficiently to produce quality plastic products (ie., tanks and other material handling containers). Essential Duties:
- Wears Safety PPE whenever inside the plant.
- Understands how to read a work order.
- Dispensing powder as designated by work orders (Ensure scale is at zero).
- Ability to work as a team to dismantle and assemble the molds.
- Ability to work as a team to assemble all parts produced by the work cell.
- Follow procedures to ensure a quality part produced.
- Understand how to read a cut-sheet.
- Understand where to find additional information (ie. Closure specifications).
- Ensure product is clean (inside and out) remove knockouts and vacuum.
- Install all required labels and decals – straight and free of bubbles.
- Trim to specifications with various hand tools (ie. Trim tool, sure-form, die grinder).
- Understand and follow specifications to drill and tap tubulations. Understand the importance of the 3.5 p.s.i.leak proofness test and follow procedures.
- Perform scanning functions and understand the importance of inventory control.
- Keep work areas clean and free of clutter – put tools where they belong.