Company: City of Naperville
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville has a Maintenance Technician position open. The Maintenance Technicians are responsible for repairing, installing, and maintaining a variety of City facility systems and/or other equipment while participating in in-house construction projects. Salary is $25.98. Duties:
- Performs preventive maintenance on plumbing, heating and cooling apparatus, and electrical devices and fixtures.
- Repairs and installs plumbing fixtures, heating and cooling apparatus, and electrical devices and fixtures.
- Performs painting duties as needed.
- Fabricates and finishes wood products.
- Operates and maintains shop and other power equipment.
- Plows, shovels and removes snow during winter months and participates in the City’s overall snow/de-icing operation.
- Moves, rearranges and installs furniture systems.
- Installs and finishes drywall, paneling and other masonry as needed.
- Works with all levels of staff on related projects and duties as assigned.
- Has an understanding or background in Life Safety Operations. (Fire Suppression Systems, Fire Detection Systems)