Company: Jel Sert
Category: Quality Control
Type: Full Time
Jel Sert is seeking Quality Control Specialists to join their team, they have 4 positions open, 2 for 2nd shift (2pm-10:30pm) and 2 for 3rd shift (10pm-6:30am). The Quality Control Specialist has broad responsibility for Quality Control auditing of finished goods and manufacturing facility. This position will also be responsible for data base maintenance, troubleshooting and product disposition, product hold/release authority, quality inspection, investigation and reporting issues associated with Food Safety and Quality. Responsibilities are the following:
- Responsible for data entry, managing and utilizing date information within Company databases.
- Presiding over facility sanitation practices, performing inspection of equipment, and or manufacturing processes.
- Conformance to GMP guidelines and all company policies/procedures.
- Inspection of Finished Goods, representing Medical Foods, Dietary Supplements and other high-profile contract customer products.
- Identify non-conforming conditions within the manufacturing environment and with products and materials per their compliance to food safety and food quality.
- Responsible for placing non-conforming products and materials or products that do not conform to specifications into hold status.
- Ensure appropriate communication of food Safety and Quality issues with Production Supervisors, Managers and other facility personnel as required.
- Initiates investigations into the causes of material or product non-conformances, gathering pertinent information (documents, interviews, graphic and physical evidence, etc), without prompt from Supervisor.
- Investigates customer complaints with guidance from Supervisor.
- Perform audits based on SQF guidelines: Hard Plastic, Processing Line, X-Ray, etc.
- Make suggestions to improve plant safety, food safety and product quality.
- Make suggestions on how to increase efficiency and cost savings within the department and actively participate in implementation of own or other’s ideas.
- Gather finished good samples per program requirements.
- Provide hands-on training to plant employees as directed.