Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new team member at their Naperville Group Home, to work as a Residential Assistant. Working in this position, you will have the opportunity to provide life-changing assistance to adult clients, who live with behavioral health disorders. Their program focuses on teaching clients to live independently with the goal of being able to live self-sufficiently within a community. All positions provide an opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, while gaining valuable experience working in the field of Human Services.
Starting rate is $15.00 per hour, with a $2.00 per hour shift differential for the second shift and a $2.50 per hour for the third shift. Overtime is available but is not required.
- Provides assistance to adult clients with serious behavioral health issues, in learning independent living skills using various methods of role modeling and motivational interviewing. Demonstrating and assisting with tasks such as making a shopping list, preparing meals or following recipe instructions.
- Provides education and direction on proper hygiene and grooming and demonstrates housekeeping skills.
- Monitors overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention.
- Participates and encourages clients with individual and group recreational activities such as sewing, cooking and art.
- Monitors medication effectiveness and may observe clients taking medications.
- Assists in facilitating transportation including assisting clients in attending all scheduled appointments.
- Performs tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in residential facilities and vehicles.
- Maintains records according to health department policies and assists in managing clients’ financial accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Participates in emergency activities as assigned.