Company: Champion Container Corporation
Category: Accounting & Finance
Type: Full Time
Champion Container has an Accounting Manager position open. The Accounting Manager will manage the accounting department and general ledger to assure the accuracy and timeliness of all accounting functions and manage the payroll function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting functions including payroll, invoicing, accounts receivable, cash management and accounts payable.
- Maintain general ledger including analysis during the year.
- Manage the closing process each accounting period and prepare the interim financial statements.
- Prepare presentation of the financial statements to management, as well as parent company, along with analysis of actual versus previous year and budget.
- Calculate periodic sales commissions and process payment through payroll.
- Maintain item cost file.
- Assist HR in administration of employee benefits.
- Monitor payroll tax reports and payments.
- Prepare annual budgets-working with various departments within the company.
- Assist with annual audit preparation and the audit process including the many analyses required by the outside audit firm.
- Prepare monthly analysis of “key” costs and provide analysis.
- Prepare cost analysis as necessary to evaluate potential savings.
- Manage fixed assets and depreciation records.
- Assist in evaluation of payroll, benefit, and accounting vendors.
- Manage and cost major inventory levels.