Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Staff Accountant. Salary is $58,744 to $74,038. The job duties of the Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to, performing advanced professional level duties and responsibilities in the field of accounting; preparing and maintaining account ledgers, reporting of financial data, formulating reports and reconciliations; processing liability and workers compensation insurance claims; assisting with special projects and providing efficient and courteous service to Village residents, employees and the general public. Some essential functions of the position are:
- Serve as the lead accountant for the Glenbard Wastewater Authority, which includes performing month-end close and reconciliation, preparing financial reports, and other accounting functions as necessary.
- Prepare month-end close and reconciliation for the Village of Glen Ellyn.
- Preparing audit work papers for the Glenbard Wastewater Authority and the Village, as assigned.
- Administer the accounting and financial reporting for the Village’s Police Pension Fund.
- Coordinate preparation of the Pension Fund’s annual Department of Insurance filing.
- Manage and maintain accounting clerical records, and drafts various written correspondence.