Company: Literacy DuPage
Type: Part Time
Literacy DuPage is seeking a Grant Writer to join their team. The Grant Writer opportunity is a part-time position, reporting to the Executive Director. Candidate must reside in the Chicagoland area. Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships with current grantors.
- Research, identify, and expand additional funders both locally and nationally.
- Develop grant budgets and forecasts.
- Write and submit effective grant proposals/applications to support existing and emerging program initiatives and general operating needs.
- Track grant submission and reporting dates, plus deliverables and closing activities; maintain the grants calendar; monitor progress and ensure that all deadlines are met on time or ahead of schedule.
- Work collaboratively with the program team to gather data for grants and with finance to meet reporting requirements in grant agreements.
- Develop realistic action plans.
- Meet grant income goals.
- Handle multiple assignments.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the organization’s services, goals, mission, and strategic direction.