Category: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for the preparation of cost/pricing models for proposals, bids, and quotes of various sizes and complexities and for the development and maintenance of estimates at completion for active programs. Develop and maintain cost/pricing preparation methods, processes and tools and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Coordinates with functional departments to obtain labor, material and ODC inputs for proposal responses. Strong Excel skills. You may send your resume to Sharon Dietrich at email@example.com. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, maintain and execute proposal strategies and plans. Develops pricing models and cost volumes as required for products and services in response to customer requests for quotes, requests for proposal and prime solicitations.
- Develops and distributes a timeline for required completion dates for proposal inputs to proposal team members. Maintains status to ensure proposal completion meets committed schedule.
- Develops a proposal bill of materials for each proposal and obtains vendor quotes from Purchasing. Evaluates quotes based on prior history.
- Reviews previous job labor and material actuals for same and similar items in development of cost/pricing model. Obtains functional department labor, material and other direct cost inputs for inclusion in cost/pricing recommendation. Develops a basis of estimate for proposal responses.
- Ensures that all FAR/DFAR and small business administration requirements are met on applicable proposal responses. Ensures cost volumes prepared in accordance with FAR requirements
- Integrates, finalizes and summarizes all inputs for completion of the cost volume of the proposal response. Submits finalized cost volume to management for review.