Adoption Respite Community Support Worker (Lake County)
Company: Metropolitan Family Services
Category: Social Work
Type: Part Time
Metropolitan Family Services is currently seeking a part-time Community Support Worker to join their team. The Community Support Worker will work a maximum 3 to 9 hours weekly, during evening and/or weekends based on the worker’s availability and client needs, with occasional opportunities for additional hours during group activities with clients. This position is based out of the Metropolitan Family Services office in Wheaton, however the Community Support Worker will mostly be working remotely in client homes and communities in Lake County. Essential Job Functions:
- Provides supportive, structured relationship while focusing on deficits in functioning.
- Develops/identifies therapeutic interventions to utilize with client for purpose of improving/maintaining client functioning.
- Engages client in settings may present a challenge for the client for the purpose of learning/practicing/developing more appropriate behaviors and coping skills.
- Teaches clients around activities of daily living.
- Provides support and feedback to parents/caregivers.
- Participates with treatment staff in assessment of client functioning, reporting observations on a regular basis and using judgement in monitoring functioning.
- Attends regularly scheduled supervision meetings and required training.
- Develops a knowledge of community resources and helps client utilize them.
- Provides timely documentation of client services.
- Maintains a monthly budget for client services and provides receipts in timely manner.
- Will work with a select number of children and adolescent clients, providing a supportive mentorship for the client, and respite for parents, by providing a range of in-home and community-based services.
- Transports clients to activities in the community during respite sessions.
- Works effectively with diverse client and staff population.