Annual Giving Manager
Company: The Morton Arboretum
Type: Full Time
The Mortem Arboretum is seeking an experienced annual giving manager to join their team to increase philanthropic support by successfully leading a comprehensive cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategy for annual fund and mid-level donors. The ideal candidate will help secure support through direct mail, email, online giving, and onsite sales to improve the future for trees, advance leading scientific and conservation research, support educational programming for adults and children, and preserve plant collections across 1,700 acres. Essential Functions:
- Manage quarterly annual fund strategy and deliverables. Conduct annual fund modeling and develop segmentation strategy to achieve maximum giving and engagement to build the donor pipeline.
- Manage ongoing mid-level giving (Friend, Partner, and Thornhill Society) acquisition, retention, and upgrade strategies including, but not limited to, direct mail, email, online giving, and onsite sales. Partner with external vendors and internal membership team to coordinate monthly membership renewals.
- Develop content, in collaboration with Marketing and Communications, and lead the production process of annual solicitation, stewardship, and cultivation campaigns.
- Take ownership in managing all year-end giving solicitation campaigns including Giving Tuesday, year-end major gifts solicitation campaign, and the annual fund appeal components. Provide organized, centralized management of processes to secure gifts, steward, and cultivate year-end donors.
- Work together with development operations for appropriate coding, tracking, and report generation for acquisition, renewal, and upgrade campaigns for annual fund donors and mid-level donors. Analyze monthly annual fund and mid-level giving membership statistics, including retention rates and direct print and email campaign results.
- Lead the execution of loyalty program strategies to build long-term investment of mid-level and annual fund donors. Track various segments. Work with the Senior Donor Relations Manager to develop and execute stewardship strategies including communications, events, and programs.
- Manage and prepare annual program revenue and expense budgets.