Assistant Director of Facilities Management
Company: Covenant Living
Category: Maintenance, Management
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living is seeking an Assistant Director of Facilities Management. In this position, the Assistant Director of Facilities Management will:
- Assign and manage facilities management work order scheduling to ensure satisfactory and timely completion. Must be able to prioritize work and be proactive in noticing problem areas or jobs that need to be done in order to maintain organization standards. May assist in entering work orders into the computer as needed.
- Direct the apartment-refurbishing program for new and existing residents working within the timelines established by marketing and administration. Coordinate work with outside contractors and in-house maintenance staff. Interact with residents, prospective residents, and various departments to assure that all requests get properly addressed.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, evaluation, discipline and termination of facilities maintenance personnel in collaboration with leadership and human resources. Develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures and trains and/or interprets them as approved by leadership. Meet with individual staff to review and discuss job performance, goals and objectives in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Provide timely performance appraisals.
- Organize and provide leadership for all services of maintenance and refurb departments. Assure effective operations and timely completion of department tasks for all department functions through direct supervision and planning activities.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining safety standards both within the department, and throughout the campus via the Safety Committee. Ensure safety standards within the department providing proper and thorough orientation and ongoing in-service training for staff in safety practices. Correct unsafe conditions and practices to the extent possible within the accountability of the position and report all other unsafe conditions to leadership.
- Maintain current maintenance service contracts and enforces quality and timely services. Contracts include but are not limited to; disposal, elevator, emergency generator, lawn cutting/ landscaping/ snow removal, and life safety equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining the facilities management operating plan and campus capital refurb allocation plans and function within the margins established.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive campus preventative maintenance program for all campus facilities and equipment. Maintain record of repairs and replacement of campus equipment in conformance with Covenant Living protocols.