Caregiver / CNA (Salary + Bonuses!)
Company: A Place At Home
Category: Caregiving/Direct Care, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
A PLACE AT HOME in Schaumburg is searching for fun, creative, and passionate Caregivers to join their DuPage County team! Interested in learning more? If you would like to become part of a hardworking and fun team who demands the value and respect for the foundational bond of Caregivers and clients and be part of a paradigm shift of needing heart in the industry than just making “care” look like a business, check out their website at www.aplacethomeschaumburg.com and apply today at https://aplaceathomeil.clearcareonline.com/quick-apply/. Interested applicants can also send their resumes directly at email@example.com.
Reporting to the Staffing Assistant/Owner/Administrator, caregivers provide a variety of non-medical professional caregiving services to clients including, but not limited to, companionship, personal care, assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and light housekeeping. Caregivers work varied hours depending on agency need and availability.
- Review client care plans and provide a variety of types of assistance as indicated.
- Document assistance provided via note writing.
- Provide companionship and supervision to clients with a variety of disabilities, illnesses, disease conditions and needs.
- Assist clients with a variety of personal care tasks such as bathing, grooming, and dressing.
- Assist clients with toileting and incontinence care as needed.
- Assist clients with transferring (i.e., bed to chair) and walking ambulation as needed.
- Provide socialization and stimulating activities for clients appropriate to their level of cognition and need.
- Prepare meals for clients and assist with feeding as needed.
- Provide medication reminders as appropriate/needed.
- If indicated and approved, accompany and/or transport clients to appointments/errands.
- Perform a variety of light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, light cleaning of bathrooms, laundry and making beds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One year of experience providing in-home or facility care to individuals with disabilities and/or elderly individuals, not limited to.
- We provide training to newly graduates, Nursing students, healthcare students.
- Experience providing and ability to provide assistance with (ADLs)
- Experience working with adults with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s disease highly desired.
- Willingness to work with adults with a variety of disabilities and illnesses.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 40lbs unassisted.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Ability to understand and follow written care plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with a variety of constituents including clients, family members, community members and A Place at Home staff members.
- Ability to clearly write progress notes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a safe, reliable vehicle for use on the job.
- Ability to professionally represent A Place at Home to clients and the public.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client information encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to foster and maintain cooperative working relationships with all A Place at Home staff.