CNC Machinists & Set-Up Operators ($1,000 Signing Bonus)
Company: Prince Industries
Category: Machinist, Manufacturing, Manufacturing & Assembly
Type: Full Time
Prince Industries is currently seeking CNC Machinists / Set-Up Operators in our milling, turning and swiss departments in Carol Stream, IL. We have openings on both first and second shift. First shift: 5:45am – 2:15pm M-F Second Shift: 4:30pm – 1am M-F with opportunities for OT and a $1,000 signing bonus to newly hired candidates!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and observes all necessary safety procedures: safety glasses, shoes, ear protection, machine interlocks, lifting guidelines, etc. as designated in specific work area assigned.
- Operates production machinery to print specifications.
- Performs a variety of tasks by using established guidelines with limited judgement to perform functions of the job.
- Visually and dimensionally inspect production parts for any defects and reports defects to immediate supervisor.
- Verify conformance of workpiece to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and go-no-go gauges.
- Required to use statistical process control techniques.
- Relies on instructions and preestablished guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Reads blueprints for such information as dimensions and tolerances (i.e. GD&T)
- Reads and interprets the Job Traveler for such information as number of workpieces to be machined, job rate, sequence of operation, etc..
- Understands and follows Prince Industries quality certifications (i.e. ISO, QS) as relates to position.
- Independently perform all job duties of machine operation with little or no instruction required such as:
- Machine startup
- Adjust tooling to maintain proper sizes
- Replace broken or worn tooling
- Identify non-functioning safety equipment or unsafe conditions
- Conduct daily preventative maintenance checks to include proper coolant levels, filters, fan operation, cleans the machine as needed, etc.
- Secures all tooling and instruments required (Doc: PQ01F03).
- Completes necessary job related paperwork to include tags, inspection documents, production log, etc…
- Cleans all spills and noticeable grease spots on floor in shop.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality, protection and storage of the completed product (ex: layer packing, rust preventative oils, box weight, etc.)
- Identify necessary tooling required for safe and efficient daily operation. (i.e. insert changes, drills, work holding, etc..)
- Proficient in the use of basic inspection equipment (including height gauge and optical comparators)
- Able to begin simple machine set ups and/or machine adjustments as needed (ex: remove and/or set tools or diamonds, reset jaws, collets, guides, etc.)
- Transports finished materials, manually or using pallet jack, to area indicated on the Job Traveler.
- Maintains established production rate as indicated on the Job Traveler and reports any discrepancies immediately to department supervisor.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools, etc.
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Works under direct supervision.
- Works effectively with all department personnel and co-workers in a harmonious and cooperative manner to meet the needs and goals established by the company.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor; may include department transfers to meet production needs.