CNC Operator/CNC Machinist
Company: OSG USA
Type: Full Time
OSG USA has several CNC positions. Purpose: The process of making cutting tools is at the core of the organization. The CNC Operator I will operate computer numerical control (CNC) machines to perform various machine functions. This position transforms a blank into a quality cutting tool. Essential Functions:
- Follow all factory procedures in regards to safety, production and quality.
- Read and interprets blueprints and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, control settings and machining methods and sequences.
- Load tool blanks in machine.
- Start machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stop machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications to .002 tolerances.
- Collect Total Indicator Reading (TIR) Measurements (circular run out) for tool to .002.
- Critical thinking skills – determine the relationship between two measurements – for example: diameter in front vs. diameter in back within tolerance of prints.
- Use of Winslow, Helicheck, and other tools for measurement readings.
- Visually inspect and measure standard tools.
- Adjust machine (size) or alert supervisor as necessary.
- Clean machine, tooling, parts, and work area.
- Alert supervisor or setup personnel of any errors, conditions, or problems to affecting quality, safety, or performance.
- Demonstrate commitment to company values and show a strong sense of cooperation and willingness to work in a team environment.