Computer Access Coordinator
Company: Peoples Resource Center (PRC)
Type: Full Time
PRC is hiring a Computer Access Coordinator to coordinate the activities of the Computer Access Program including computer repair, refurbishing, and digital inclusion services. The Computer Access Coordinator will work closely with all program volunteers who repair and refurbish computers. This is a 30-hour/week position. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to Computer Access program conception, design, and functionality.
- Ensure program procedures, guidelines and protocols are followed in the receipt and distribution of computer equipment.
- Receive and respond to inquiries for donating or receiving computer equipment (in person, web form, phone and voicemail).
- Identify and maintain new relationships for computer, laptop, and Chrome Book donations.
- Respond to any inquiries and requests made to the program (i.e. client requests, provide referrals, etc.)
- Screen and register clients seeking a refurbished or new computer according to program protocols.
- Receive, sort, and make decisions regarding use of donations (use or recycle).
- Maintain an inventory and storage system for donated equipment per program protocols.
- Using current inventory of parts and programs, repair and/or refurbish computers to the standard level of acceptance for use.
- Interview, select, orient, train, support and recognize program volunteers.
- In collaboration with Volunteer Department Coordinator, recruit program volunteers, and identify improvements to the screening and selection process.
- Maintain and utilize an effective and accurate database for record keeping of the computer access program.
- Monitor and maintain a Digital Navigator program, including oversight of Digital Navigator volunteers.