Continuous Improvement/Quality Supervisor
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Type: Full Time
Graphic Packaging International is seeking a Continuous Improvement/Quality Supervisor to join their team. This position is responsible for leading all activities and functions driven towards execution of an effective Quality System. Directs activities of suppliers, production, and customers to resolve quality problems and continuously improve the level of quality. Responsibilities:
- Develop closed-loop quality system driven to reduce process variation and ensure plant compliance.
- Act as change agent to drive continuous improvement of production and service processes to improve quality and increase efficiency, which includes root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Develop and implement product quality plans and procedures by overseeing gauge requirements, frequency, responsibility and methods to ensure compliance to process and product specifications.
- Direct activities, duties, and projects of CI personnel.
- Implement practices and controls to drive an effective supplier management system.
- Serve as customer contact for quality issues.
- New business transition management.
- Oversee Continuous Improvement website for local plant; manage document control system.
- Manage customer specification system.
- Manage Customer Feedback / Complaint System.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Trained in SQF 2000, HACCP Certified
- Trained or knowledge of SQF prerequisites including GMP, Food Defense, etc.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, review, maintenance, communications of the SQF 2000 system.
- Lead and coordinate the Annual plant review of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) system, internal audit /schedule, and Coordinate SQF third party audits
- Responsible for coordination of SQF type Root Cause/ Corrective Actions activities
- Validation and Verification of SQF controls with determined frequency/schedule.
- Establish and maintain Methods/criteria for monitoring, sampling, inspecting, testing, and analyzing raw materials, in-process, and finished goods.
- Review and update training skills requirements for Safe Quality Foods.
- This position has full responsibility for the development and maintenance of SQF related documents and records.