Database Developer II
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics has a Database Developer position open. You will provide database development and analytical support for assigned projects. Assist with implementation of applicable computer software needs. Ensure data integrity and quality control of American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) databases. Create, maintain, and enhance application data requirements, integrations, and business intelligence (BI) solutions. Responsibilities:
- Conduct complex data analysis, improve programming functions, automate recurring processes, and complete tasks assigned to meet deadlines of AAP projects.
- Develop and implement conversion strategies and programs for relevant projects.
- Create, modify, and performance-tune stored procedures and queries as needed.
- Develop code/solution for enterprise level scalability and production level performance.
- Manage AAP data and perform system analysis to ensure data quality, consistency, and integrity.
- Expand reporting capabilities to service AAP staff through implementation of BI technologies.
- Perform peer code reviews and identify refactoring opportunities in alignment with team standards.
- Provide technical assistance to users with business applications and BI implementations.
- Provide timely response and resolution of emergency production questions, issues, and defects.
- Participate in collective ownership to ensure data security and performance.
- Embrace and practice agile Scrum principles as defined by the team.
- Maintain documentation and details on project work.