Dental Health Assistant – On Call
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Part Time
The DuPage County Health Department have openings for two on-call Dental Health Assistants. In this role, you will be providing assistance to dentists and dental hygienists. Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance and support to staff and clients of the Dental Program.
- Establishes and maintains client files and charts.
- Enters client data into computer systems including revising or updating addresses and telephone numbers.
- Schedules appointments.
- Ensures that release forms or consent forms have been signed; prepares various forms and worksheets.
- Sets up clinic rooms with appropriate supplies, including off-site clinics.
- Processes daily reports.
- Monitors on hand supplies and coordinates replenishment as needed.
- Assists in performance of dental procedures including passing instruments and materials; follows guidelines in handling materials and cleaning surfaces; ensures sterilization of instruments.
- Obtains health histories from patients by conducting patient interviews; follows-up on client status.
- Performs duties necessary to close clinics.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- May assist with determining client eligibility.
- If bilingual, may assist clients communicate with non-bilingual staff.