Dining Room Positions Open
Company: DuPage County
Category: Food Service, Housekeeping, Service Worker
Type: Full Time, Part Time
DuPage County has several Dining Room positions that need to be filled at the Kenneth Moy DuPage Care Center. Check them out below.
- Dining Services Worker
- Work on a meal assembly line at an assigned station, placing specified food, condiments, napkins, utensils, etc., transport completed trays, sanitize trays and serving lines, wash dishes and pots/pans, serve meals to residents in the Resident Dining Room, and assist residents in opening packages and cutting food as needed.
- Receive and stock/put away items in the storeroom, kitchen, and cafes, and clean the kitchen, resident dining room, and cafe.
- Act as a cashier, ringing up transactions and tendering cash.
- Take food orders and assemble orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares a variety of dishes and meals including meats, poultry, eggs, soups, vegetables, salads, sauces and baked goods, using various methods such as frying, roasting and baking.
- Provides guidance and direction to other dining services employees; may be assigned as supervisor to a shift of dining services employees.
- Shares knowledge and trains new employees on departmental procedures.
- Keeps management informed of any concerns or incidents that occur throughout the shift and contacts management for assistance when necessary.
- Assures food is kept at proper temperatures.
- Assures safe food handling.
- Prepares special and therapeutic meals as directed.
- Stores food stock as it is delivered.
- Verifies and sign invoices upon food and supplies deliveries.
- Rotates products on shelves.
- Maintains and cleans cooking areas.
- Maintains food storage areas.
- Assists on the serving line.
- Food Services Supervisor
- Monitors food for temperature, flavor, portion control and quantity.
- Assists the Food Services Manager with ordering food products and maintaining inventory.
- Secures food storage areas.
- Inspects serving line, dining areas and food storage areas for regulatory compliance.
- Determines utilization of leftover food items.
- Recommends improvements to the food service process.
- Assists the cooks as needed.
- Assists with preparing the bi-weekly schedule for subordinate personnel.
- Completes required daily and weekly reporting.
- Supervises dining services employees, including morning and evening shift, engaged in serving meals, delivering meal trays, collecting cash and cleaning dining rooms.
- Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions.