Distribution Center Supervisor- Night Shift
Company: Edward Don and Company
Category: Distribution, Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
The Distribution Center Supervisor is responsible for giving overall direction and coordinating the activities of approximately 20-40 workers on second shift. This position is charged with ensuring that proper shipping to all customers and inventory of warehouse supplies and equipment are accurate and on time. The DC Center Supervisor is the main point of contact for special projects including prepacks, rollouts and orders requiring special handling, review, and documentation. This position is also responsible for monitoring the progress of projects and providing detailed tracking of project status from inception through completion and proactively addresses potential issues that may inhibit the smooth and timely flow around customer deliveries. Hours for this position are Sunday through Thursday from 7:00pm until 3:30am. Essential duties:
- Main point of contact for special projects including prepacks, rollouts and orders requiring special handling, review and documentation.
- Perform quality and accuracy audits on completed pre-pack and rollouts orders prior to shipment.
- Determine hours required to complete assignments within prescribed goals
- Prepare work schedules and assign specific duties in order to properly fill and load customer orders onto trucks designated for local and long-haul delivery areas.
- Manage activities through use of warehouse control labor systems and continual direct follow up.
- Ensure proper use of company property/machines.
- Coordinate workflow and procedures to maximize service levels.
- Record and review productivity and performance levels to improve efficiency of the operation.
- Examine work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures; enforces labor standards.
- Enforce all safety standards and sanitation control.
- Assess and review pre-pack or rollout orders verifying inventory, shipment requirements, and timelines.