Distribution Center Supervisor
Company: MSC Industrial Supply
Type: Full Time
MSC Industrial Supply seeks an experienced Shipping Supervisor to lead and oversee their warehouse teams and ensure optimum service levels across Customer Fulfillment Center shipping functions, including drop-shipment loading onto delivery trucks and the trucks’ scheduled departures. Responsibilities are the following:
- Supervise Shipping Department workflow to ensure optimum service levels, maintain standard operating procedures, certify delivery trucks’ scheduled departures, and confirm back-up delivery service if required.
- Delegate through work team coach to ensure smooth flow of processes.
- Perform supervisory duties for large associate base: conduct reviews, oversee development, document attendance, submit payroll information, and issue corrective action to associates.
- Conduct daily department meetings and attend cross-functional meetings to foster communication and to discuss improvement opportunities and new procedures.
- Resolve customer and manifest issues.
- Manage associate growth and development.
- Oversee loading of drop shipments into delivery trucks, prepare bills of lading, monitor and order loose-fill material, perform daily uploads and close-outs in warehouse computer system, and submit reports.
- Operate basic and advanced warehouse vehicles (electric pallet jack, forklift, turret truck, order picker).
- Promote safe work practices and ensure dock area is secure.