Company: Naperville Public Library
Category: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full Time
The Naperville Public Library is seeking a Finance Manager to oversee the fiscal operations and day-to-day finances of the Library. The Finance Manager provides supervision, leadership, and management through the development and enforcement of appropriate policies, guidelines, and procedures aligned with the mission and culture of the Library. This individual oversees and coordinates the annual budget, prepares reports and financial statements for monthly board meetings, and supervises an accounts payable team. The Finance Manager is committed to the growth and strategic direction of the Library, working both independently and collaboratively with the Executive Team. Some responsibilities are the following:
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management for the Finance Department that mirrors the mission and culture of the Library.
- Motivates and leads a high-performing Finance team; attracts, recruits, and retains team members as needed and fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Library.
- Performs financial management duties, including generating financial data, compiling, and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends, and assessing the financial health of the library.
- Creates monthly and annual financial reports, timely and accurate statistical analyses, pertinent state and local reports, and narrative reports.
- Oversees the development and implementation of financial/accounting systems to generate appropriate reports for internal and external use as needed.
- Develops and implements purchasing and accounting policies, cash handling procedures, and reporting standards to optimize the fiscal operations of the Library.
- Administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets, monitors progress and changes, and effectively communicates and presents critical financial matters to the Executive Team and Board of Trustees.
- Prepares the operating and capital budget each year, working with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and other key staff. Collaborates with the Leadership Team in establishing and implementing long and short-range budgets.
- Analyzes records of past and present operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenue and expenses.
- Oversees the function of fixed assets for the purposes of the annual audit and insurance process.