Foster Care Case Manager
Company: Our Children's Homestead
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Our Children’s Homestead is seeking a Foster Care Case Manager to join their team. The Foster Care Case Manager will be responsible for the permanency and case management duties for youth assigned to their caseload. In addition, Case Managers participates, maintains, monitors and records each child’s rehabilitative service plans and progress towards goals. The Foster Care Case Manager will also maintain all files in accordance with Medicaid, DCFS, OCH, and COA standards. This position will provide a sign-on bonus of $3,000. Sign-on bonus will be distributed to person selected for this position after 6 months of successful employment with the agency. Responsibilities:
- Places child, with the assistance of supervisor, and is responsible for children and foster or adoptive homes.
- Refers child and parent or guardian to community resources, according to needs of child and/or family.
- Maintains case history records and reports.
- Records progress related to rehabilitation goals through home visits with the child and the foster parents. Revises goals as necessary.
- Responsible for facilitation and potential transportation of child’s transition into, out of, or in between OCH foster homes.
- Responsible for maintaining any paperwork related to the movement of child.
- Responsible for required home visits and the required amount of Behavioral Health Services each month for all assigned cases, ACR attendance, court hearings, school staffings, biological family visits, psychiatric staffings, team meetings and any other case management activities.
- Responsible for submitting Activity/Service Log Time Sheet on a weekly basis and recording weekly schedule in accordance with Agency policy. Maintain an awareness of all updates and active DCFS policies and procedures regarding foster care and adoption.