General Manager Enterprise Resource Planning
Company: Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (Illinois Tollway)
Category: IT, Management, Planning
Type: Full Time
The Illinois Tollway seeks a General Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning. The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) General Manager provides technical and functional expertise to plan, analyze, define, and implement high-level software strategies. Provides technical guidance and management of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) encompassing application development, maintenance, and support activities. Serves as the IT business liaison responsible for the strategic implementation of new technology solutions that enhance business efficiency and support organizational goals. Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership and management of the SAP ERP application portfolio, current and future application architecture, and strategy direction.
- Partner with IT leadership and business departments in the development, prioritization, and implementation of strategic plans / roadmaps for new technology solutions which improve operations and enhance business efficiency.
- Serve as the IT business liaison managing effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and personnel.
- Direct the activities of multiple technical and operational staffs for application development and support, empowering and encouraging innovation.
- Maintain a high level of system support and availability to ensure customer service expectations and requirements are met or exceeded.
- Manage and regularly report on service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work closely with technical infrastructure teams on system and technology integrations and technical architecture design.
- Forecast costs and maintain budgets.
- Provide support and management of the IT governance framework, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, and related IT policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement best practices for ERP application development and maintenance.
- Provide oversight and direction in all phases of the software development life cycle from analysis and design, configuration, program code modification, testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Provide oversight and direction for end user role-based security administration.
- Support application risk assessments (e.g., data, security, SOX controls) and assist in determining inadequacies and deficiencies, and the development of risk mitigation and remediation plans.
- Coordinate responses to audit requests.
- Assist with development of RFIs, RFPs, and evaluation criteria for vendor proposals, products, and services.
- Stay current on IT trends and news.