Company: World Relief
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
World Relief is seeking a Housing Specialist to do the following:
- Research fair market housing rates and trends and identify rental properties and apartments through online research, phone calls, community connections, and in-the-field research.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to develop, build, and maintain relationships with property owners, private market landlords, and property management companies.
- Ensure housing meets federal and local housing standards, including completing site visit and evaluation of each unit.
- Interpret and apply housing codes and standards, landlord regulations, and program guidelines.
- Coordinate with US-based relatives when securing housing for incoming refugee cases.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records and documentation, including updating a CRM with hot, warm, and cold housing leads and documenting services to clients.
- Negotiate lease terms with landlords, when required, and assist newly arrived refugee cases to understand and sign lease and/or housing agreement.
- Once housing is secured, collaborate with WR Finance staff to secure security deposit and rent payment, and collaborate with other WR staff on a move-in date, utility hook-up, and furniture set-up.
- When necessary, provide initial housing orientation to newly arrived refugee cases.
- Assist with housing-related case management tasks or other housing support, as needed.