Infection Prevention and Control Evaluation Manager
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Healthcare, Management
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics seeks an Infection Prevention and Control Evaluation Manager to join their team. This position will provide extensive data and analytic expertise to the National Pediatric COVID-19 Training Center in coordination with the internal and external project team. Identify areas for quality improvement (QI). Responsibilities:
- Serve as the evaluation staff expert for the National Pediatric COVID-19 Training Center by providing the requisite scientific data and analytic support. Provide expertise in dissemination and implementation science to ensure broad adaptation and uptake of related initiatives.
- Develop an evaluation strategy for the National Pediatric COVID-19 Training Center, including identification of performance indicators, development of quality assurance strategies, and training and ongoing contact with program staff. Ensure alignment between American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) evaluation strategy and Project Firstline evaluation strategy.
- Design and implement process and outcome evaluation protocols for National Pediatric COVID-19 Training Center programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods as appropriate. Take primary responsibility for data analysis and reporting, in conjunction with external experts as needed.
- Collaborate with the project staff team in designing and distributing evaluation tools to monitor progress toward both process and outcome measures in ambulatory and hospital-based settings.
- Collaborate with the National Network of Public Health Institutes, CDC, and other partners in program evaluation. Communicate evaluation data needs to program staff and lead efforts to collate and submit reports.
- Analyze opportunities for rapid-cycle QI based on evaluation data and communicate findings with internal and external project partners.
- Ensure compliance with Institutional Review Board and Maintenance of Certification requirements, where appropriate.
- Assist with developing grant proposals and progress reports for the National Pediatric COVID-19 Training Center.
- Oversee the work of external consultants and subcontractors on evaluation projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in research evaluation and quality improvement.
- Coordinate efforts with other National Pediatric COVID-19 Training Center staff, participating in conference calls and meetings as appropriate.