Posted 2 weeks ago
Company: Planning Resources Inc.
Experience: 5 – 8 years
Planning Resources Inc., urban planning, and landscape architecture firm in suburban Lombard, Illinois, is seeking a Landscape Architect with 5-8 years of experience to join our creative, vibrant, and collaborative team of professionals. PRI is seeking a Landscape Architect to assist and provide design and documentation leadership for Landscape Architectural projects focused in the Chicago metropolitan area. Our projects include parks and recreation, comprehensive open space master planning, urban design, institutional planning, community planning, and streetscapes. We offer a flexible and creative environment that allows employees to work on projects of various scales. The ideal candidate should have strong planning, site design, and landscape design skills with the ability to provide technical expertise on a variety of public and private landscape architectural projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collaborates with clients on projects including parks and recreation facilities, regional trails, urban plazas, streetscapes and urban design.
* Prepares landscape plans, site plans, hardscape details, site analysis, and presentation graphics.
* Construction Documentation and Detailing (including grading) using Land FX/AutoCad.
* Coordinates the preparation of project drawings, exhibits, and details with other engineers, architects, designers and technicians.
* Presents project plans or designs to clients, or stakeholders.
* Communicates with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to the project.
* Seeks appropriate guidance in resolving various project related issues.
* Manages time effectively, organizes, and works on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet project deadlines and client needs.
* Visits project sites to review conditions as appropriate.
* Performs other duties assigned
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or comparable field from an accredited university.
* Licensed Landscape Architect with min. 5-8 years of experience
* Experience with preparation of hardscape and landscape plans for site plan approval and construction documents.
* Working knowledge of landscape and native plants in the Midwest region.
* Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used for landscape design (AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Sketchup, etc.)
* Strong organizational skills
Planning Resources Inc. offers full benefits including health and 401K. Competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Please send resume and representative work samples to Darrell Garrison, email@example.com