Company: School District 88
Category: Housekeeping, Maintenance
Type: Full Time
Willowbrook High School is seeking a Maintenace/Custodian worker to join their staff. The job of Custodian is done for the purpose/s of providing custodial services at assigned site; ensuring an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff and visitors; performing a variety of special cleaning operations; and assisting in preparing facilities for classroom activities and campus events.
- Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparation for special events.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, locker rooms, multipurpose rooms, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate parties within site.
- Performs summer cleaning (e.g. strip/wax floors, moves furniture, painting, windows, etc.) for the purpose of completing and/or facilitating summer construction.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g. opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkway, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. light bulbs, paper towels, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.