Meals on Wheels Location Manager
Company: The DuPage Senior Citizens Council/Kane Senior Council
Category: Food Service, Management, Social Work
Type: Part Time
DSCC/KSC is looking for a Part-Time Meals on Wheels Location Manager to manage meal distribution by utilizing volunteer delivery drivers to deliver meals to seniors in DuPage or Kane County. An ideal Meals on Wheels Location Manager would be self-motivated, highly organized, have customer service skills, and have a passion for helping the senior population.
- Travels to assigned meal distribution locations in either DuPage or Kane County.
- Receives food delivery from caterer and accounts and reports for any discrepancies.
- Provides immediate assistance when needed, based on the needs of the senior participant; offers to call neighbor, friend, relative, or 911.
- Maintain accurate records of senior meals served.
- Operates the DSCC scanning device to maintain and track daily meal counts.
- Assures that all foodservice sanitation standards are practiced by staff and volunteers.
- Maintains cleanliness and inventory of supplies of DSCC/KSC meal distribution location.
- Manages and reports food inventory for an assigned meal distribution location.
- Deliver meals from assigned meal distribution locations on an as-needed basis.
- Obeys all traffic laws and avoids erratic driving on either highways or residential areas.