Company: Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS)
Category: Administrative Support
Type: Full Time
The Division of Family & Community Services is seeking to hire a friendly, personable speaking voice who loves helping others to work as an Office Assistant. As an Office Assistant, you will typically be the first-person customers speak with, so you will have a great responsibility of providing clients with a productive experience. The Division helps Illinois residents by connecting them with many programs and services. Through our programs, services and prevention efforts, the Division improves the health and well-being of individuals and promotes self-sufficiency and integrity of families of Illinois. Job Responsibilities:
- Keyboards complex materials such as resumes for clients, weekly and monthly statistical reports, unit meeting minutes and vouchers for clients in training to be processed by other staff.
- Edits Authorization and Transmittal of Assistance Action forms received from casework staff.
- Conducts computer clearance for welfare savings due to client obtaining employment, receiving unemployment benefits or non-cooperation.
- Serves as receptionist.
- Keyboards a variety of routine forms, form letters, cards and records.
- Issues new or replacement LINK cards to clients, maintains records of card numbers issued or voided, completes computerized transactions to communicate activation of card to Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) contractor.
- Maintains files of forms, reports, and supplies.