Company: City of Naperville
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville seeks a motivated individual who takes pride in producing accurate, high-quality, work to serve as Paralegal for the Transportation, Engineering and Development Business Group (TED). As a key member of the Development team, this position provides high level legal, clerical and administrative support to Project Managers in the Transportation, Engineering and Development Services department, reviewing bonds and agreements for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to City of Naperville specifications, regulations & terms. Working in a team environment, and reporting to an Operations Manager, the Paralegal’s responsibilities include:
- Review of agreements and bonds for accuracy, completeness, adherence to City specifications and regulations, language and terms. This may include consideration of customer-initiated amendments and assistance with negotiated response associated with the following:
- Encroachment Agreements. Preparation (using established templates), execution, and recording associated with Naperville sidewalk program, approved subdivision easements, and a limited number of special situations.
- Development Agreements. Preparation assistance to Project Managers (using template) related to annexation and entitlement approvals.
- Small Cell Pole Attachment Agreements. Preparation (using template) when locating antenna on a City-owned light pole, tank, building, etc.
- Right-of-Way Maintenance Bonds. Review and approval of documentation submitted by applicants for accuracy, bond expiration tracking, and timely release upon request and inspection.
- Monitor ordinance condition expiration dates and coordinate with Naperville City Planners, Project Managers, Attorneys, and customers to process modification requests including, but not limited to, time extensions and closeouts.
- Oversee preparation of development mylar plan documents for recording. This will include customer assistance with technical and procedural questions, routing of final documents for City signatures, and serving as a liaison with Naperville Community Services (aka, City Clerk’s Office) on recording issues/questions.
- Review of executed development surety forms (using city templates) for completion. Back-up assistance to surety administrator with surety establishment, closing, and reduction paperwork processing.
- Assist with deed paperwork, appraisals, title searches, Phase I environmental contracting, and with research associated with City-owned land sales and leases.
- Assist with research and drafting of periodic municipal code updates – particularly in the area of right-of-way management.
- Assist the Legal and Finance Departments with the administration of macro tower lease agreements between the City of Naperville and communication providers.
- Honor and maintain confidentiality. Recommend process improvements as technology, customer needs and resources change. Perform all other related duties as assigned.