Passenger Assistance Agent
Company: United Ground Express
Category: Customer Service, Travel/Tourism
Type: Part Time
Passenger Service Agents are responsible for pushing wheelchair passengers to and from their designated gate. This position is also trained to work in the airport lobby assisting customers upon arrival and check-in at the airport (baggage handling, ticket verification etc.). This position includes, but is not limited to, assisting check-in, assistance to the departure gate, baggage claim area, and common areas of the airport. Agents may also carry personal items of passengers. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment with time constraints to meet arrival and departure goals. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and comfortably lift disabled passengers with assistance from one mobility device to or from an aircraft seat.
- Push wheelchair passengers to and from gates.
- Carry passengers’ carry-on luggage.
- Greet and assist customers upon airport arrival.
- Help organize and direct employees to appropriate security line.
- Assist with checked and claimed luggage.
- Roll customer-occupied wheelchair safely down the jet bridge.
- Ensure wheel brakes are in place prior to allowing passengers to exit the wheelchair.
- Complete any necessary wheelchair or incident reports.
- Follow dispatcher gate orders.
- Assist passenger with any problems, questions, or concerns.
- Maintain professional working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, managers, airline employees, and airport authorities.
- Have computer, tablet or smart phone ability.
- Exceed UGE customer service standards.