Planner Community Development Department
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking to hire one (1) full-time Planner. The job duties of the position include, but are not limited to, managing large-scale and long-range planning projects, providing complex support to the Plan Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and possibly the Historic Preservation Commission as assigned as well as implementing the Village’s Comprehensive Plan and Downtown Plan. Provides responsive, courteous and efficient service to Village residents and the general public. Other related duties as assigned. The position will report to either the Director of Community Development or the Senior Planner. Some essential functions are the following:
- Review requests for approval of PUDs, special uses, zoning variations, sign variations, zoning map amendments, zoning code text amendments, subdivisions and exterior appearance applications.
- Serve as Staff Liaison to the Plan Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and possibly the Historic Preservation Commission, as assigned; attend and participate in public meetings and hearings, which includes coordination and meetings with petitioners, producing agendas, draft memoranda, providing complex research and analysis, making public presentations, and developing actions items or policy recommendations.
- Negotiate and draft annexation and recapture agreements with assistance from Department Director, Village Attorney and Public Works Department; process annexation requests.
- Draft code amendments, including amendments to the zoning code, subdivision regulations code, sign code and appearance review guidelines; interpret codes and identify potential code amendments.
- Assist in the preparation, amendment, and implementation of the Village’s long range plans such as downtown plans, streetscape plans, wayfinding plans, and comprehensive plans.
- Prepare maps, exhibits or power point presentations, as requested; coordinate notices for public hearings.
- Participate as assigned in developing Department’s annual operating budget, as well as the development and implementation of Department goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Continuously evaluate processes and programs; identify opportunities that improve customer satisfaction, review turn-around time, and/or staff efficiencies.