Company: City of Naperville
Category: Law Enforcement
Type: Full Time
The Naperville Police Department employs a staff of almost 300 employees whose mission is to provide extraordinary service to the community while protecting life and property. Recognizing the diverse needs of the community, the department provides and encourages a policy of professional and individual excellence, which is enhanced by continuing education and training. REQUIREMENTS:
- NO APPLICATION FEE
- Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United Sates
- Age: Must be at least twenty-one years of age and under thirty-five, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Education: Must be a high school graduate AND must have completed at least 60 hours of college credit at an accredited college or university. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university at the time of appointment.
- POWER Card: Must provide a valid POWER Test card dated within six months of the application date. Cards considered valid if dated January 8, 2022 – July 8, 2022
- Character: Must possess good moral character suitable to the role of a law enforcement officer. Must pass a thorough character and background investigation, which shall include a polygraph test.
- Other: Must pass a medical examination and psychological assessment. Must meet the vision requirement of uncorrected 20/100 correctable to 20/20 and not be color blind.
- Must meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois.