Company: City of Naperville
Category: Law Enforcement
Type: Full Time
The Naperville Board of Fire and Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The Naperville Police Department employs a staff of almost 300 employees whose mission is to provide extraordinary service to the community while protecting life and property. Their officers are educated, well-trained professionals dedicated to working in partnership with their citizens to provide a safe place to live, work and conduct business. The Naperville Police Department is an internationally accredited law enforcement agency. Recognizing the diverse needs of the community, the department provides and encourages a policy of professional and individual excellence, which is enhanced by continuing education and training. Starting salary is $78,716.35 (2024 Step 1 rate per contract). Qualifications:
- Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United Sates.
- Age: Must be at least twenty-one years of age and under thirty-five, unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Education: Must be a high school graduate AND must have completed at least 60 hours of college credit at an accredited college or university to apply.
- POWER Card: Must provide a valid POWER Test card dated within the last six months.
- Character: Must possess good moral character suitable to the role of a law enforcement officer. Must pass a thorough character and background investigation, which shall include a polygraph test.
- Other: Must pass a medical examination and psychological assessment. Must meet the vision requirement of uncorrected 20/100 correctable to 20/20 and not be color blind.
- Must meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois.