Category: Manufacturing, Planning
Type: Full Time
Ametek/Magnetrol is seeking a Production Planner to join their team. In the Production Planner role, you will plan and prepare production schedules for the manufacture of sophisticated models of industrial or commercial products. You will also prepare time lines to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders. Responsibilities:
- Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plan and schedule workflow for production operations and departments according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects and special orders.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepare production reports and either report out during daily production meeting or act as backup in that role when needed.
- Takes expedite requests directly from customers and quotations for new orders. Evaluates these requests and communicates back directly with customer. Calculates premium charges when appropriate and communicates these to the Sales team.
- Handles other miscellaneous communication with customers, such as supplying shipping information, routine order status questions, and cancellation requests.