Company: Covenant Living
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living seeks an RN to join their team. The RN ensures that quality care is delivered through assessment and monitoring of staff performance, physician contact, care planning and daily resident assessment. This position also provides direct care to residents. All this is done according to nursing standards of practice, standard procedures, and established State and Federal regulations for skilled nursing facilities. Responsibilities:
- Provide routine daily direction and monitor the work of the LPNs and nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new nursing personnel and reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of care.
- Utilize the electronic medical records systems timely and accurately.
- Assist in motivating LPNs and CNAs assigned to the nursing unit.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Director of Nursing regarding assessments, observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Observe and evaluate residents’ health, mental and emotional conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician and family members according to prescribed procedures.